- If it’s your first cryotherapy experience, try to arrive 5-10 mins early so we have the opportunity to welcome you and talk you through your first session.
- It is important to make sure you are well hydrated before and after any cryotherapy session for maximum benefit.
- Before entering the cryo sauna it is important to remove all jewellery, glasses and metal objects.
- We recommend you wear cotton underwear for your session. Ugg boots are provided to protect the toes and feet from the cold, however if you would prefer to bring your own woollen socks you are welcome to do so.
- If you have just finished exercising or using the Infrared Sauna, ensure you give your body some time to cool down.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM CRYOTHERAPY
Upon arrival you will be given a robe and a locker so that you can undress and safely store your personal items.
Once you are ready, one of our friendly HCO Health staff will talk you through the process. If it’s your first cryo session and you’re feeling unsure, you have the option of shortening the therapy length and adjusting the temperature.
You will be assisted stepping into the cryo sauna. Once the door has been closed you can remove your robe and pass it to our staff.
The platform will then be raised until your shoulders are level with the sides of the machine so that we can easily see your face and communicate with you during therapy.
The session will last between 1.5 – 3 mins, dropping down to a maximum temperature of -130 degrees celsius. During this time most people experience feeling chilled but not uncomfortably cold.
You have the option to stop the therapy at any time if you are uncomfortable. Our trained HCO Staff will guide you through the entire process
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE
Pregnant women, Raynaud’s Disease, cold Activated Asthma, Pacemaker, High Blood Pressure and severe Hypertension (BP> 160/100), Heart and Cardiovascular Conditions, Vascular Conditions, Cancer (undergoing chemotherapy), Cold Allergies, Medically unfit for exercise, Acute Kidney and Urinary Tract Diseases.
READY TO BOOK FOR A CRYOTHERAPY SESSION?
For the ultimate health experience book in for a session combining all three of our effective and powerful therapies. By combining the Hot (sauna), Cold (cryotherapy), and Oxygen (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) you will get a total health reboot for both the body and the mind. You can expect to leave this 1 hour session, feeling refreshed, energised and brand new.